Here's your quick overview of what has been happening around Wikidata over the last week.
- Tool of the week
- EntityShape.js is a script that allows you to check an Item against an EntitySchema. On the Item page, it will display various information about the Item, like the properties that should be present on the Item.
- Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- General datatypes: epithet, attraction to, hairstyle, poverty incidence
- External identifiers: IMMuB artist ID, IMMuB album ID, WordNet 3.1 Synset ID, IAFD film distributor ID, Yandex Zen ID, NCAA school code, Church of Jesus Christ pioneer ID, Pitchfork artist ID, Monuments de mémoire ID, Memorial Book for the Victims of National Socialism ID, Xfinity Stream ID, Sports-Reference.com college basketball school ID, edition humboldt digital ID, GitLab username, AAA attraction ID, Swiss-Gym Male ID, Swiss-Gym Female ID, Museum Day ID, PAN member, Union Catalog of Armenian Libraries authority ID, MetaSat ID, Visages du diocèse d'Autun ID, SPOnG game ID, Prêtres du diocèse de Quimper ID, LibraryThing venue ID, Union des artistes ID, Restaurant Guru Restaurant ID, PromoDj ID
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: vénéré à, Number of blood donors, People reached, number of awards, has positive marker, ID pattern, lunar coordinates, adjacent to, date posted, ITRANS, National Library at Kolkata romanization, complementary property, MTRCB rating, DBLP conference ID, fait l'objet d'une vénération à
- External identifiers: DriveThruComics numeric publisher identifier, Hyperion Records person ID, Arken, AAA hotel ID, AAA restaurant ID, AAA campground ID, AstroGen ID, Reliwiki page ID, Sonneveld-index, SIL ID, AniDB Episode ID, Encyclopedia of the History of Ukraine ID, Lumni ID, Archives at Yale Names ID
- Query examples:
- Query Builder: We're making it possible to switch between querying for specific values (e.g. all Items with a specific post code) or any value (all Items with a post code statement regardless of which one it is)
- Correcting the behaviour of what automatically happens on Wikidata when a page is moved on Wikipedia and co to an excluded namespace with the "suppress redirect" option (phab:T261275)
- Making language fallback indicators not show up for language variant fallbacks in a few more places (phab:T267502)
- Adding html language attributes for statements linking to Forms and Senses (phab:T267023)
- Working on language and lexical category fields turning red on unfocus even though no changes are made after a change in ooui (phab:T266936)
- Finished building the 1.35 versions of the Wikibase base and bundle docker images and published to dockerhub (phab:T264538)
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.